Thursday, May 29, 2008

IJC Camp

Innova JC Leadership Camp
26-29 May 2008

Day 1

Kayaking:

Been there done that... Nothing much about it. It's not a new thing for me but nevertheless I enjoyed the experience once again.. It's always a pleasure to come back to a thing that's so exciting such as kayaking. Each experience is different and we can always feel a new thrill. It's is a great experience

Firefly Trip:
At night, around 8 PM, we went down the water once again with a motor boat to see fireflies. It was gorgeous. It was as if hundreds of stars twinkling around the trees accompanying the silent ripple of water and the soft whisper of the wind through the leaves. Just imagine that you are staring at the pitch black sky and there was hundreds of stars blinking. The only sound you hear was the water ripple and the wind. Soothing it was...

Camp Site:
At the camp site, I looked up to the night sky and I was awed. I've never seen a sky like it. It was decorated with countless stars..

Diarrhoea Symptom:
BAD BAD experience with diarrhoea. Almost everyone from the three divisions caught diarrhoea. Imagine that at a camp site where there weren't really a proper sanitation and you had to go to the toilets all the time (well at least I was not up on the mountain). It was not an experience that I want to have again. Terrible

Day 2

Tracking:
We finished half a day for packing, briefing and other preparations for the tracking. The day was slow and lethargic and I was still having a little bit of trouble with my stomach. Around 1 or 2 we started our tracking. We started good and I was really enjoying my time till we reach checkpoint 1 where it started to rain... HARD.... Taking out my jacket, I saw one f my friend who did not bring any raincoat. Not even any jacket. Being a nice person, or maybe I'm just stupid, I lend him my jacket. That left me shivering in the cold.... It was raining cat and dog. We squatted down because of the lightning. We stayed at checkpoint 1 for about an hour. In the end, due to the rain, the instructors decided to go back to the camp site. We didn't managed to reach the summit of mount Panti. Not even half of it. I was disappointed

Day 3

Waterfall Expedition:
We were supposed to descend from the summit in the morning. Since we were already down, the morning was once again spent slacking away. After lunch, we went for the waterfall expedition. My spirit was once again elevated but yet was brought down again by another failure. Due to time constrain and the nonsupporting weather, we went back to the camp site. Once again, we only managed to reach checkpoint 1. Another disappointment.

Day 4

Games and Stuff:
It's just games and stuff

I can summarize the whole camp in one word:
WASTED

Feeling blue,

-CErulEaN_Sky-

0 Ur says: